Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Get Swept Up in Fall

We leave for the Stampin' Up! Getaway trip in 4 weeks. I'll be participating in two swaps and this is one of my cards. I used an "emboss resist" technique on this card. Let me give you some tips.  1) It didn't matter whether I stamped the script background first or last. I tried it both ways so do what's easier for you but allow the ink to dry completely before embossing.  2) With a white ink pad, stamp your image, cover with white embossing powder and heat set.  The NEW Stampin' Up! heat tool is amazing - has two settings and is so quiet (pg. 159)  3) One of the biggest mistakes stampers make when they heat set is that they want to heat the entire image at one time. Concentrate on one area at a time so you can watch the embossing powder convert to its finish.  If you heat the entire project areas are easily missed and when cooled, the powder will brush right off leaving you with an incomplete image.  4) Once cooled, use a wedge of a Stampin' Sponge and ink it up on your ink pad. Rub the ink over the embossed image. The ink will resist the areas that have been embossed.  Be sure to rub some ink around the outside edges of your image so that the embossed portion stands out.  5) When using this technique remember it's the main focus of your project so keep the rest of your layout complimentary to it.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Wonderfall (Holiday Catalog pg. 33), Fabulous Phrases (pg. 133), En Francais (pg. 129)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Core'dinations
Ink Pad: Early Espresso, Whisper White
Accessories: Heat tool, White embossing powder (pg. 159), Stampin' Sponge, Sanding System, Dust Buddy, Dimensionals, Glue Dot, 3 1/2" Scalloped Tulle Ribbon (Holiday Catalog pg. 4), SNAIL adhesive 



2 comments:

  1. I really like this card a lot. I may have to get a leaf stamp set out of the mini. I have resisted so far but as fall approaches, it is getting more difficult. I have to wait until Oct though as I already met this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across this card on split coast earlier today & I cased it for a sympathy card. This is a very simple yet wow creation. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete