Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Gettin' Punchy
Yep, there is no denying it...Christmas will be here before you know it!  I love my punches because they do ALL the work on this card. Tips: 1) The base of this card is Crumb Cake and it's not one of the other colors in this card. Remember, it's fine to add a neutral base to your card even though it's not a color in the designer paper or inks you are using. It helps create more contrast to your project. Stampin' Up! has an awesome Neutrals collection (pg.156). 2) I get asked this question a lot "if I can buy only one circle punch today, which one should I buy?".  I always suggest the largest one that you desire, first. The larger the circle, the more images and words that will fit in it.  The following purchases can include punches in 1/4" smaller increments to make layered looks like this.  Remember, punches are an AMAZING, ONE TIME purchase. You can't go wrong. Choose circles, squares and ovals and everything else can be added to your plethora after that. 3) Notice the Christmas light bulb has two colors? I used my markers for this image. Color directly on the stamp, huff on the stamp (I call this the "Darth Vader technique") to re-moisten the ink, then stamp.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Merry Minis (Holiday Catalog pg. 6), More Merry Messages (pg. 15)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade
Ink Pads: Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade
Designer Paper:  Festival of  Prints (Holiday Catalog pg. 20)
Punches: Merry Minis punch pack (Holiday Catalog pg. 6), 3/4" circle, 1" circle
Accessories: Lucky Limeade maker, Cherry Cobbler marker, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive 

No comments:

Post a Comment