Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

One for the babes!
I've been blessed with two great nephews in the last 2 years; Jack (2) and Henry (3 mos.). They have given new meaning to making baby cards.  Here are a few tips to making this card. 1) Nothing makes creating a project easier than using punches. Always stamp your image FIRST then punch it out. You'll be guaranteed a centered image every time.  2) The Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch is so much fun. For an alternate look you can cut the punched piece down the center leaving you with two strips that look like eyelet ribbon. I love when a punch can pull "double duty".  3) When putting adhesive on the back of a piece of cardstock that has been embossed (such as I did here with the polka dots) be careful not to press down too hard because you can remove the raised, embossing.  (Yep, ask me how I know this?!)  4) The new framelits are so awesome for cutting out various images. Here I used the Bitty Banner Framelits but Stampin' Up! has lots of different styles to choose from. 5) I've used this exact same card and changed the greeting to "hello" and "thinking of you". The versatility of this little bird is endless!

Supplies
Stamp Set: Baby Boutique (pg. 63), Itty Bitty Banners (pg. 134)
Cardstock: So Saffron, Pool Party, Ridinghood Red, Basic Gray
Ink Pads: So Saffron, Pool Party, Ridinghood Red, Basic Gray
Big Shot: Bitty Banner Framelits (pg. 191), Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder (pg. 189)
Punches: 1" square, Postage Stamp
Designer Paper: In Color Paper Stack
Accessories: SNAIL adhesive, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment