Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Punchin' up a Jolly Christmas

Christmas is just 55 days away!  I love counting down. Some people only countdown from 25 but oh, not me! I stretch it out!!! :D   I CASE'd (CASE=copy & share everything) this card from Stampin' Connection; a demonstrator website filled with ideas!  I used lots of punches!  Here are a few tips to creating this card.  1) The designer paper really does all the work on this card. Remember, Stampin' Up! designer paper is double-sided. The reverse side can be used all year long and is non-seasonal!  3) I used the 1/16" hand held punch to create small holes in teh scallop circle.   4) The wreath representing the "O" in the word "Jolly" was stamped again in Gumball Green, punched out and mounted on a Dimensional.  5) I used the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to fill in the white areas of the wreath to make it look like holly.  6) Notice the nose on the penguin? I inked the penguin in black, used my blender pen to remove the black ink from his nose then markered the nose in with the Tangerine Tango marker.  Make sure you "huff" (I call this the Darth Vader technique) on the stamp to remoisten the ink before stamping.  7) I stamped the penguin image again but in Cobbler and cut out the hat and scarf and mounted them on top with Dimensionals.  FYI - I LOVVVVEEEE Dimensionals!  8) I used 9" of ribbon to make the bow.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: No Peeking (126290 wood, 126292 clear)
Cardstock: Gumball Green, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Ink Pads: Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler
Marker: Tangerine Tango
Designer Paper: Be of Good Cheer (126896)
Ribbon: Cherry Cobbler seam binding (120922)
Punches: 2 3/8" scallop circle (118874), 2 1/2" circle (120906), XL oval (119859), 1/16" hand held hole punch (101227), 1/2" circe (119869), 1 3/4" circle (119850)
Accessories: Blender pen (102845), Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (125585), Glue Dot, SNAIL adhesive, Dimensionals (104430)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa! This is a great card - thanks for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete