Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Snow buddy loves you like I do!

I have a serious snowman fetish. My house, at Christmas, is loaded with snowmen. I even have a complete bathroom ensemble in snowmen; shower curtain, rugs, towels, decor. I know, it's crazy, right?  Living in Florida I don't get to see snow anymore and frankly, that's fine with me. I grew up in Chicago and lived there until I was in my late 20's so I got my full share of snow, blizzards, ice, scrapping windshields, shoveling myself out after a tow truck buried my car in, chains on my tires...the whole nine yards.  Snow or no snow...I love snowmen.  Here are a few tips to making this card.  1) I used the Festival of Prints designer series paper pack. The colors are listed as Indigo but I see a lot of Bashful Blue in there, too. I used my blender pen in Bashful Blue ink to color in highlighted areas of the snowmen.  This designer series paper pack is such a deal and the colors are amazing. Because of the reversible sides you can use the paper all year long - well after Christmas is over! 2) Always use a blender pen versus an Aqua Painter when you are coloring in small areas like these.  The Aqua Painter works best on larger areas to fill, not these small, detailed lines.  Remember, too, contrary to what you may have seen or heard, I never recommend putting your blender pen directly into your stamp pad. The blender pen is filled with some sort of compound (I've researched this over and over and can't find what it is exactly but it's not water) that isn't conducive to dipping the tip into your ink pad. Instead, while the ink pad is closed, squeeze the lid/bottom together and this will release ink into the LID of the pad.  Take your blender pen and dip it in the lid to get some color. EXPERIMENT FIRST. The color from the lid is a lot stronger than you'd expect so go lightly. You can always make an image darker.  3) I'm not sure you can see it but I did add some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the snowmen. I think every snowman card needs a little sparkle, don't you?

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Frosty Friends ( 128117), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370 wood, 127802 clear)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Ink Pads: Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo, Bashful Blue
Designer Paper: Festival of Prints (126904)
Punch: Word Window (119857), 1 3/4" circle (119850), 2 3/8" scallop circle (118874)
Accessories: Blender Pen (102845), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter ( 124117), 2-way Glue pen (100425), 5/8" Crochet Trim ribbon (I used 4")

No comments:

Post a Comment