Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012


Ahoy Matey!
This adorable card idea was a swap I received from Lynn Starzl during the Stampin' Up! Hilton Head Getaway incentive trip in late September.  Thank you, Lynn!  I recreated it for my Card Class last week and it was a huge hit.  In Tampa, FL we have a Gasparilla Parade every January and pirates abound.  It's been a city tradition since 1904!  Here are few tips to creating this card. 1) The background was created with a mirage of stamps using the coordinating ink; Crumb Cake. If your new, firm foam ink pads are a bit dark, stamp off one layer of ink before stamping your cardstock.  VersaMark, although I love it, is best used on darker cardstock and was a bit too light for my liking on this color.  2) The hat is 1/2 the owl punch (BRILLIANT, huh?) 3) Notice the little peg leg? Cut off the owl feet on one side. 4) Some of my customers created this card using Googlies versus the punched owl eye pieces. It was a faster and just as cute.  5) I sponged around the edges of the words.

Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: The Open Sea (#123030 wood, #123032 clear) Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370 wood, 127802 clear)
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Crumb Cake
  • Ink Pads: Basic Black, Crumb Cake
  • Designer Paper: Festival of Prints (#126904)
  • Punches: Owl Builder (#118074), Word Window (#119857), Modern Label (#119849)
  • Accessories: Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Sponge, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment