Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Birthday cake!

Here's another one of those stamp sets that's easily overlooked in the catalog. There are 7 small stamps in the set but the things I've made with those 7 small pieces have been so cute!  Here are a few tips to making this card. 1) This stamp set has coordinating designer paper which I used to layer the front of this card.  2) Instead of cutting a large piece of Midnight Muse cardstock for the layer behind the designer paper, I used scraps. The strip to the left and right are separate, 1" pieces.  When they are tucked to the back you can't even tell. This is a great way to save on cardstock and use up those scraps.  3) I used 3" of ribbon to create, what I call, an 'air knot'. It's adhered with a glue dot. 4) Notice how I only corner rounded two corners of my cake image?  Try rounding only one or two opposite corners, too.

Supplies:
  • Stamp sets: Make a Cake (126740 wood, 126742 clear), Create a Cupcake; for the words  (121915 wood, 121982 clear)
  • Cardstock: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Whisper White
  • Ink Pads: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse
  • Designer Paper: Patio Party (126916)
  • Punches: Scallop Edge Border (119882), 3/16" Corner Rounder (119871), Large Oval (119855), Scallop Oval (119856)
  • Accessories: Summer Starfruit 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (126846), Glue Dot, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment