Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas! 


Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!  

I created card using a 'gate fold'.  This fold is easily created by folding the two outside edges towards the center.  I've included two views so you can see how it connects in the middle.   Tips: 1) The background is stamped with a small snowflake image in the Illuminate Glimmer pad. I'm not sure you can see it well in the picture but in person it really is pretty.  2) I stamped three additional snowflakes in Baja Breeze on Baja Breeze cardstock (I call this 'tone on tone' stamping) and punched them out to mount on the front of the card.  3) I colored in the images with a blender pen, using ink that I squeezed into the lid of my ink pad. You can find this technique of watercoloring on my "Make it Monday" video HERE. 4) I added glitter to the edges of my snowmen. 

Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Frosty Friends (128117), Jolly Bingo Bits (for small snowflake #120857 wood, 121187 clear), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370 wood, 127802 clear)
  • Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Real Red, Summer Starfruit
  • Ink Pads: Illuminate Glimmer Watermark #126857, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray
  • Markers: Real Red, Summer Starfruit, Pumpkin Pie
  • Punch: Word Window #119857, 3/4" Circle #119869
  • Accessories: Blender Pen #102845, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter #102023, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment