Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sparkle and Shine!

This is the first layout in a series of three that my customers created during my Stamp N' Scrap class last week.  If you'd like more information on my monthly scrapbook class CLICK HERE

Here are a few tips to making this layout.  1) I used the Illuminate Glimmer pad to stamp the silvery-looking images you see.  Don't over thing this when you stamp. Just stamp one every inch then fill in with the other image. Anything that overlaps looks great because of the iridescent color of this ink.  2) I used several rhinestones to highlight the ornament centers which brought continuity to the strips of silver glimmer paper.  3) The coordinating framelits making cutting out the ornaments so easy! 4) I used my silver marker to create the 'strings' for the ornaments. 5) If you look closely I stamped the words 'merry' along the bottom edge of the Bashful Blue cardstock on the left hand side as well as across the white journaling box on the right.

Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: Ornament Keepsakes (128048 wood, 128051 clear), Border Banter (128927 wood, 128930 clear)
  • Cardstock: Silver Glimmer (124005), Night of Navy, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist
  • Ink Pads: Illuminate Glimmer Watermark (126857), Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue
  • Big Shot: Holiday Ornaments framelits (127816) NOTE: There is a 15% "Bundle Discount" if you buy both the framelits AND the stamp set. The bundle is available is both wood and clear mount.  You can find details about this savings HERE.
  • Punches: 2 1/2" Circle (120906), 1" Circle (119868), 1 1/4" Circle (119861)
  • Accessories: Rhinestones (119246), Silver Dazzle Marker (128978), Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment