Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Baby Henry!
As I typed that title I had to chuckle because my great nephew's name is Henry.  He's such a happy baby, always smiling.  This stamp set might be overlooked in the new Spring Catalog but I was drawn by the whimsical images and the fact that there are so many cute accessories, making this a stamp set for all occasions!  You can find the images for this set by CLICKING HERE.  Here are some tips to creating this card:
  1. I stamped the elephant on designer paper then cut him out. Be careful when you cut out your images, don't cut on the stamped color line or you will lose the detail to your stamp.
  2. I stamped the words repeatedly, without reinking.  
  3. Markers were used to color in the birds since they are on one stamp. Remember to "huff" or as I call it, use the "Darth Vader technique" to remoisten your stamp after they are colored in so the image is nice and moist before stamping.  Markers are a dye based ink and they dry quickly.
 Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Henry Says #128090 wood, #128093 clear
  • Cardstock: Basic Gray, Whisper White
  • Ink Pads: Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue
  • Designer Paper: Twitterpated #125406
  • Punches: Scallop Trim Border #118402
  • Accessories: Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Bone Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment