Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Hearts Abound!
It seems I never have enough anniversary cards. I created this one so I could make lots at one time - to stock up! :D  I shared it at my Card Class last month, too.  Here are a few tips:
  1. I used lots of Dimensionals so the small pieces would stand out.
  2. I pierced the paper AFTER I mounted all the pieces. I did this so I could position it where I wanted it. I found when I pierced the paper first that I had to manipulate the banner and small hearts and it didn't line up where I wanted it. The paper-piercing template is clear so you can easily see where you're piercing.  
  3. This greeting has other words underneath it "and many more to come". I omitted those easily by using my marker to color in just the text I wanted.  
Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: A Word For You #117032 wood, #120528 clear
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Silver Glimmer #124005
  • Ink Pad: NONE
  • Marker: Riding Hood Red
  • Punches: Small Heart #117193, Scallop Edge Border #119882, 1" Square (to make banner tips) #124094
  • Designer Paper: Twitterpatted #125406 
  • Accessories: Paper-piercing tool #126189, Pierce Mat #126199, Essentials Paper-piercing Pack #126187, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Bone Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment