Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pedaling to Celebrate!
Of all the stamp sets and products Stampin' Up! has to offer I'm drawn to the vintage style. There is something about things that have a history to them that make me smile. I'm the proud owner of my grandmother's old Singer sewing machine. It's the second model that was every made and although it still works I don't use it for fear that I could never get it repaired. It has a prominent spot in our home and I think of her and all the things she made for us with that machine; Barbie clothes, tablecloths for holidays, prom dresses, intricate details to our wedding dresses, and the countless repairs on clothing. Today's card celebrates just that.  The few tips I have to share:
  1. The background is all designer paper. I LOVE the Fan Fir designer paper. Check it out here
  2. The tickets have variegated colors which were created by using the "Rock & Roll" technique. It's easy. Ink up your stamp in the lightest color first then 'rock and roll' the edges into a darker color and stamp.  Voila!  Be sure to clean your stamp every single time you stamp or you'll end up with a muddy image and a muddy ink pad!  (Go ahead, ask me how I know this! :D) 
Supplies:
  •  Stamp Set: Feeling Sentimental - FREE during Sale-A-Bration through March 22nd. You can find details about this sale HERE.  That's the Ticket #128072 wood, #128075 clear
  • Cardstock: Island Indigo, Very Vanilla
  • Ink Pads: Island Indigo, Crumb Cake
  • Designer Paper: Fan Fair #126918
  • Punch: Ticket Duo Builder #126883
  • Accessories: Neutrals Brads 3/16" #119736, Paper Piercing Tool #126189, Pierce Mat #126199, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Bone Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment