Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

There's Only One You
During our Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference in January, Shelli Gardner, the co-founder and CEO, shared this layout.  I loved it so much that I rushed home to recreate a "Lisa version" for my scrapbook class last week.  You can find Shelli's original idea HERE.  Isn't it great to know that the CEO of this amazing company still stamps and inspires us?   Here are a few tips:
  1. The flower trim is my favorite new items in the Spring Catalog. They come strung together on a netting type base and can easily be cut apart. Here I left 3 together for the right side of my page and used glue dots to adhere them. On the left side I used one by itself.
  2. I punched designer paper using the Scallop Square punch and cut it on the diagonal to create photo corners on the right hand side. One of them is a bit hidden underneath the flower in the upper right corner.
  3. I love the aged look that tearing your paper brings to a project but a lot of my customers are scared they will tear too much.  So, here's a tip; tear towards you with one hand while using your thumb and index finger, on the other hand, as your guide. It's nearly fool proof since your fingers 'guide' your way.  Remember, you don't want to tear it straight, you need those jagged, imperfect edges.
  4. I created the banner tips on my black cardstock using the square punch.
  5. I used one of the new paper doilies and cut it in half; one half used on each page as shown.
Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Oh Hello, #130730 wood, #130733 clear, Vintage Verses - FREE during Sale-A-Bration until March 22nd. You can find details on how to get this free set HERE.  
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, So Safforn
  • Ink Pad: So Saffron
  • Designer Paper: First Edition #121878, Neutrals Collection #117157
  • Punches: 1 3/8" Square #119877, Scallop Square #119884
  • Big Shot: Apothecary Accents Framelits #127003
  • Ribbon: 5/8" Crochet Trim #118481
  • Accessories: 5/8" Flower Trim #126869, Paper Doilies #129399, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment