Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Window into Blooming!
I've so enjoyed the exclusive stamp sets featured during Sale-A-Bration this year!  Friday night I held my "Last Call Sale-A-Bration Open House" and it was a ton of fun and a huge success! Lots of people took advantage of the sale, I gave a way 4 door prizes and 6 people split the wonderful hostess benefits!  It was my first ever "Mystery Hostess" giveaway and I'll definitely be doing it again!  I had two hands-on make & takes and this one was the favorite so I thought I'd share the 'how to' with you.  Funny, everyone thought the strip to the right was designer paper. I had to remind them that we get to create that look with stamps!
Tips:
  1. Stamp the Vanilla cardstock as shown. I created this piece to mimic designer paper by randomly placing the images.  
  2. I used 8" of ribbon to tie around the mounted image.
  3. Use the hole punch to create a window in the front of your card. 
  4. Stamp a sentiment on vanilla cardstock and punch out. Mount THROUGH THE FRONT OF THE HOLE for perfect placement.
  5. I punched one butterfly and stamped and punched the smaller one. They are adhered together with SNAIL and mounted on a Dimensional.
  6. The branch was punched from the Bird Builder punch and adhered with the 2-Way Glue Pen.
  7. I added a Basic Pearl to the center of the butterfly.
Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Bloomin' Marvelous - FREE during Sale-A-Bration with any $50 order. Sale ends March 22nd. Get details by CLICKING HERE.
  • Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
  • Ink Pads: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette
  • Punches: 1 3/8" Circle #119860, Bird Builder #117191, Elegant Butterfly #127526, Bitty Butterfly #129406
  • Ribbon: Crumb Cake 3/8" Tafetta #122966
  • Accessories: Pearls Basic Jewels #119247, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Bone Folder

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! Simple easy with a lot of pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks, Whit! That means a lot coming from the Queen of masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete