Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Blog Series
"Get going before the gettins' all gone!"
Patterned Party
If you're an avid stamper or scrapbooker you've noticed that white-base cards are really popular right now. Funny thing is, I created this card nearly 2 years ago and although colored card bases were the rage back then I still like how this card turned out.

Tips:
  1. Stamp the entire balloon image in Basic Gray. I then colored in the balloons with markers, stamped and cut them out.  They are mounted on Dimensionals.
  2. I goofed when I stamped the words directly onto the card so I stamped them again, cut them out and mounted them to cover up my mistake.  Who hasn't done that?! 
  3. The ribbon is cut into 4 pieces; one 4" wide which wraps around the top layers of the card, with the raw ends adhered to the back.  The other three pieces are cut at 3" (I have small fingers so you might need a little more.) and tied under the initial piece.  This is a great way to use up scraps, too.
  4. The words I used on this card are now retired but you can easily substitute another greeting.
Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Patterned Party #123065 wood, #123067 clear; the words are retired
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
  • Ink Pads: Baja Breeze
  • Markers: Baja Breeze, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight
  • Ribbon: Calypso Coral 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon #122976, Baja Breeze Seam Binding #122331, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding #125583
  • Punch: Scallop Trim Border #118402
  • Accessories: Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Bone Folder
Order this stamp set today by CLICKING HERE. It will make a great addition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment