Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Spread Your Wings and Fly!
Each month I teach a scrapbook class where my customers create three double-page spreads (6 pages).  In honor of the Retired List we created this layout featuring Regal Rose and added some small background images from the Confetti stamp set.  I honestly don't think the picture does this layout justice. If you'd like to recreate the page here are a few tips:
  1. I stamped the butterflies in a non-traditional fashion to create movement to the page. When stamping borders on your layouts think of changing the direction.
  2. The glimmer brads add some pizzazz to the small designer paper banners. They are mounted on Dimensionals.
  3. The words "spread your wings and" are handwritten in the Tempting Turquoise marker. Be sure to use the pen side of the marker for a finer writing line.
  4. I own the Notable Alphabet stamp set in clear mount allowing me to make a word or short phrase on a single clear block. Here is mounted the word "fly", used my markers to color each letter a different color and stamped.  
Supplies:
  • Best of Butterflies #133345 (clear mount only); Confetti #116960 wood, #120465 clear; Notable Alphabet #126355 wood, #126357 clear
  • Cardstock: Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
  • Ink Pads: Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron
  • Markers: Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron
  • Designer Paper: Tea for Two #129311
  • Punch: Elegant Butterfly #127526; Boho Blossoms #119858, 1 3/8" Square #119877
  • Brads: Brights Glimmer #121006; Neutrals Brads #119736
  • Accessories: Paper-Pierce Tool #126189, Pierce Mat #126199, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive
You can view the retiring Confetti stamp set by CLICKING HERE
If you'd like to attend my scrapbook class CLICK HERE
To view my events calendar CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment