Above & Beyond Butterflies
The Best of Butterflies has been my favorite in the "Best of" series, so far. There are still 6 more months to go though! If you haven't heard the hoopla, Stampin' Up! is celebrating their 25th anniversary and in honor of this milestone they are creating a "Best of" stamp set each month commemorating images from past, popular sets plus adding one new image. If you purchase six of the "Best of" series sets during this year you can redeem a free $14.95 stamp set in 2014! Each month I hold a card class featuring these "Best of" stamp set and this month we used the "Best of Butterflies" set, created 8 cards (2 each of 4 designs) and everyone go the stamp set set to keep for just $20! Now that's a deal! Check out my class schedule by clicking HERE.
I watercolored the butterfly using the Aqua Painter. Gorgeous, huh? Squeeze your Stampin' Up! ink pad - the flexible lid allows for ink from the pad to be placed inside the cover. When opened, dip your Aqua Painter into the lid where the color has pooled and begin to paint. Aqua Painters are a great tool because they eliminate the need for a cup of water that typical watercoloring would require. The barrel of the painter unscrews and holds tap water. Genius! Check out this awesome tool by CLICKING HERE.
- Stamp Set: Best of Butterflies #133345 (clear mount only); One in a Million #132052 wood, #126382 clear; Four Frames #128589 wood, 123442 clear
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Pool Party
- Ink Pads: Elegant Eggplant, Pool Party, Old Olive, Jet Black Staz On
- Punches: Decorative Label, Scallop Trim Border, 1/8" hand held (retired)
- Big Shot: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
- Ribbon: Pool Party 1/2" Seam Binding, Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta
- Accessories: Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, SNAIL Adhesive