Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Secret to Enjoying Life
 Yesterday's Florida weather was nasty!  We dealt with lots of rain and wind as Tropical Storm Andrea made her way through the state. Thankfully we escaped any damage but we did lose power for a short time.  It didn't stop me, though. I stamped by flashlight! ((smile)).  Despite the weather, all my customers, except one, were able to attend my monthly Stamp N' Scrap class. This was one of the layouts we created. 
 We stamped the greeting and used the Apothecary Framelits to cut it out. The word "Enjoying" was stamped again in Melon Mambo, cut out and mounted, with Dimensionals, over the original greeting.
I took a close up of this area because I was sure it would be lost in the first photo. I used the polka dot embossing folder to add texture to this strip on the right.  Since it's 11" long I embossed half at a time. I also used the Secret Garden Framelits (don't you love coordinating stamp sets and framelits?!) to cut out the flower.  The center was punched from the small flower from the stamp set Summer Silhouettes. 

Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: From My Heart 132007 wood, #126557 clear; Secret Garden #131940 wood, #129144 clear; Summer Silhouettes #132082 wood, #126447 clear
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo
  • Ink Pads: Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo
  • Designer Paper: Gingham Garden #129310
  • Punch: Itty Bitty Punch Pack (small scallop flower) #118309
  • Big  Shot: Apothecary Accents Framelits #127003, Secret Garden Framelits #129372, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder #117335
  • Accessories: Gingham Garden Washi Tape #129314, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive Glue Dots
I teach my Stamp N' Scrap Class every month and we create three (3) double-page spreads.  You can find a complete schedule of classes by CLICKING HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment