Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Retreat of a Lifetime!

Most of you know that I was honored to be included in this year's Stampin' Up! Founders Circle.  This designation includes an all expense paid trip to St. George, Utah to spend with the other top demonstrators in the country.  I wanted to share some pictures over the next few days of my trip and give you some highlights.  I've had lots of requests so I thought, why not! Of course I'll be including hand-stamped samples, too and I'll even be sharing a few 'sneak peak' items from our next "mini catalog". 

I arrived in Las Vegas on Monday, the 16th to meet my dear friend and sideline, Cindy Baughman.  We have been friends for 15 years, met while I lived in Hawaii.  Our kids became good friends over the years and I consider her family.  Cindy was instrumental in my 'drive' to earn the incentive trip (a 7 day cruise coming up in May) as well as the possibility of earning Founders Circle. When I would say "it's never gonna happen to me", she would say "don't say that...you can do it!".  After a quick visit in Vegas we drove to the airport the following morning to pick up our stamping sister, demonstrator, Linda Bauwin.  
 Linda was also a HUGE part of my earning Founders Circle. She's one of the most savvy business women I've ever met. She provided me with new ideas but she was famous for answering a question with a question. You know, you probably have one of those friends that makes you really "think"!  Well, that's Linda!  I have learned so much from her this year and I'm so grateful. 
 To say that Stampin' Up! spoiled us would be an understatement. In fact, I have never had a "girls vacation" like this one.  Founders Circle is comprised of the top 100 demonstrators in the U.S. and the top 20 from Canada.  We each GOT OUR OWN ROOM!  What a treat is that, huh?!  The best part of that we took up the entire hotel!  Every room was filled with a demonstrator.

 Every demonstrator's door was decorated with a chalkboard with their name on it.  All I had to remember was what floor I was on and walk....those that know me know I have no sense of direction so having my name on a door was quite helpful!  LOL  
When was the last time you remember your hotel housekeeper leaving you a note? Well, that was just the beginning of what I was about to experience.  I've never had such pampering, impeccable service and accommodations.  Oly was incredibly good to me.
Jill Olsen created several wreaths using a styrofoam base, designer paper and some banner kit contents. This was her Halloween one. The glimmer doesn't show up in the picture but let me tell you it was awesome!  This wreath takes 8 full sheets of designer paper cut into 1/2" strips. 

Come back tomorrow for my Make It Monday video. I'll be sharing more pictures including how Stampin' Up! makes our stamps, ink pads and Shelli's apartment about the Kanab manufacturing facility.  You won't believe it's an apartment!



Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information. It's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment