Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Patterned Memories

Each month I teach a Stamp N' Scrap Class (DETAILS ARE HERE).  This month I decided to try something new by creating a pattern with a combination of cardstock and designer paper.  It went well and everyone liked it.  Like anything new there are some "learning curves".  When I created the triangles along the edges I originally cut them into 3"x3" squares then cut the squares on the diagonal to make the triangles.  However, after the class I would have cut them 2 1/2"x2 1/2". This would give a bit more room between the sections and make it easier to layout. So, if you're gonna give this a try, work with the smaller square. 
The 'tape' in the corner is actually a stamp set. It's called "Tape It".  It mimics Washi Tape!  Love this because now I can create it in any color or size I'd like.  You can view the Tape It stamp set by CLICKING HERE 

 I created this layout so that it would be suitable for anyone regardless of age or gender.  The Bermuda Bay and Raspberry Ripple, although a combination I would haven tried on my own, worked well together.
This banner was made using the Petite Pennants builder punch. I made a few knots with ribbon and used glue dots to secure them in place, between the banners.  EASY!

Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Bring on the Cake #128490 wood, #121958 clear; Tape It #130712 wood #130715 clear
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Raspberry Ripple, Bermuda Bay
  • Ink Pad: Basic Gray
  • Markers: Raspberry Ripple, Bermuda Bay, Summer Starfruit
  • Punch: Petite Pennants Builder #122361
  • Designer Paper: Birthday Basics #130145
  • Ribbon: Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta #131206
  • Accessories: Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive


Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information. It's free!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment