Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Shapin' Up

 You can click on any of the images to see a larger picture...and when you do, you'll notice lots of different shapes on this layout. Scrapbookers ask me "is there a rule as to how many different shapes can be included in a layout?"  The answer is an easy 'no'.  Here I've used just about every shape you can think of; circles, squares, rectangles, scallops and triangles!  Scrapbooking has evolved over the years and anything goes. If you like it....add it! 
 Color is the most important factor in layouts. Don't use more than three colors and a neutral shade - it's more pleasing to the eye.  In the photo above you'll see where I used the paper piercing tool and mat to create holes to the suspended flowers.  I placed Candy Dots in the centers. 
 The Pennant Builder Punch makes up this small banner. I made a bow from Baker's Twine and used a glue dot to attach it.  Consider words from any stamp set you have - there are lots of choices that fit nicely on pages.
Looks like Washi Tape, doesn't it? It's not!  It's the new stamp set "Tape It".  Washi Tape is huge in paper crafting and this stamp set promises to deliver different designs in any color you choose - just ink and stamp!

Join us for my monthly Stamp N' Scrap Class where we create three double page spreads (a total of 6- 12x12 pages) for only $25.  This class is taught on the first Thursday of each month.  I provide the layout, pre-cut pieces, accessories, chocolate (of course!) and the fun.  Details about my classes can be found HERE

Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: Tape It #130713 wood #130715 clear; From My Heart #132007 wood, #126557 clear
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Calpyso Coral, Soft Sky
  • Ink Pads: So Saffron, Calypso Coral
  • Designer Paper: Subtles Paper Stack #130135
  • Punches: 2 1/2" Circle, 1 3/4" Circle, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, Boho Blossom, Pennant Builder
  • Accessories: Paper Piercing Tool, Pierce Mat, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack #126187, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Calypso Coral Bakers Twine #125573, Subtles Candy Dots #130933, SNAIL Adhesive
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information. It's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment