Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Trimming the Tree

 Our family has a tradition. Every year, for 24 years, the day after Thanksgiving, commonly known as Black Friday, we decorate our house for Christmas. I cook a big breakfast, put on Christmas music and after we've finished eating and doing the dishes, the "hanging of the green" begins.  I'm one of those crazy Christmas folks. I have 6 Christmas trees of varying sizes. I decorate them all.  My husband, Bob, is in charge of the outside.  Last year we topped 4,000 lights. We live on a corner so the lights really stand out.  Nightly, we have people walk or drive-by for a look.  Every year Bob adds something new. He's already been looking for that special addition for this year.  Today's card is a tribute to tree trimming. 
 I used the 2 1/2" Circle punch to create the ornament, added Washi Tape and rhinestones and topped it with one of our new, adorable Simply Styled Embellishments.  The little paper clip is already attached to the bow making these a perfect accessory for your projects. I think they'll look terrific on non-holiday projects, too. 
I used the hostess stamp set Warmth & Wonder to stamp a tree in the lower corner of this card to add to the 'trimming' look. 

Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Warmth & Wonder (hostess only set)
  • Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
  • Ink Pads: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive
  • Big Shot: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder #117335
  • Designer Paper:  Season of Style Paper Stack #132181
  • Accessories: Old Olive Simply Styled Embellishments #132148, Season of Style Washi Tape #132155, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information. It's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment