Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

...with a cherry on top!
You will find this ironic. I HATE cherries!  I think they are a great color (red is my favorite color) and I do like them fresh but the cherries they put on top of milk shakes, ice cream sundaes...you know the ones...that come in the jar...I hate 'em.  Why you ask?  Many, many moons ago I worked two jobs.  I was an insurance broker by day and waitressed on the weekends.  I wanted to buy a townhouse and my efforts proved positive, however, my aversion for cherries grew.  The bartenders at the banquets would get all the garnishes ready for the drinks. Little did I know that once they are skewered and not used they begin to lose their reddish coloring.  At the end of the banquet, if the cherries were not used, they went back into the jar that held the juice and they were sprayed with a food coloring chemical to bring back their "natural" color.  Ever since then, I could never eat them!  YUCK! Despite the cherry story, this card was fun to make and unlike me, many people love cherries.  Here's a few tips:
  • I used markers to color in the stems and leaf.
  • I punched two circles to represent the cherries and added a small line as an accent with the white gel pen.
  • After I punched out the red scallop circle I used a 1/8" hand held punch to make the holes in the scallops to replicate eyelets. 
Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: Mouthwatering #125675 wood, #125677 clear, A Word For You #117032 wood, #120528 clear
  • Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
  • Ink Pad: Basic Black
  • Markers: Garden Green, Chocolate Chip
  • Punches: 3/4" Circle #119873, 1 3/4" Circle #119850, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle #118874, Scallop Edge Border #119882
  • Big Shot: Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder #117335
  • Accessories: White Gel Pen #105021, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Bone Folder, 1/8" hand held punch (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment