Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"If I only had a brain"

 Ok, so the title is corny but it's so relative to the most loved scarecrow ever - from the Wizard of Oz.  His witty personality, warm smile and genuine love for Dorothy steals our heart in nearly 3 hours of film.  So, with that warmth in mind I created this scrapbook page layout.
 I stamped the Pumpkin Pie areas with VersaMark ink.  The scarecrow is created from the Top Note die, and, in my opinion, if you're only going to but one Big Shot die, this HAS TO BE the ONE!  There are countless uses for it.  I hand cut the nose, used punches for his eyes and drew on his smile with the Stampin' Write marker. Oh, and I added a touch of the new chalk marker to his eyes for definition.
The second page of this layout includes the title, individually die cut from the Squares Collection Framelits and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake.  The Autumn Accents Die was used to make all the leaves. I crumbled mine up (because rarely do you find a perfectly flat leaf!) and attached them with Dimensionals.

Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: Wonderfall #131949 wood, #128087 clear; Morning Post Alphabet #132042 wood, #126592 clear
  • Cardstock: Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip (for the dark areas of the scarecrow eyes)
  • Ink pads: VersaMark, Early Espresso
  • Big Shot: Autumn Accents Bigz die #127812, Sweet Buttons Embosslits #121813, Squares Collection Framelits #130921, Top Note Bigz die #113463; Magnetic Platform #130658
  • Punches: Small oval, 1/2" Circle, Bird Builder
  • Accessories: Paper Crimper (retired), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information. It's free!
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/lisacurcio/contactme

No comments:

Post a Comment