Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Spotlight It!

 The Spotlight technique is a wonderful way to bring out a focal point on a detailed, line stamp when you don't want to color in the entire image.

I used an Aqua Painter to color in the image of the pumpkin since that's what I wanted as my focal point.  I also wanted the pumpkin to look washed out/aged.  When using an Aqua Painter be sure not to go over an area too much or the paper will 'pile' or appear to be breaking down.  Watercolor paper is perfect for the Aqua Painter since it's much thicker and will allow you repeated layers without any piling.  

To create the frayed twine in the upper right corner I cut 3" of burlap ribbon, trimmed off the finished edge and separated the fibers.  I tied several strands together, in a knot and attached it to the card with a glue dot.   I also used my 1/2" circle punch to 'notch' out a corner for the placement of that ribbon.

Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Best of Autumn #134390
  • Cardstock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango
  • Ink Pads: Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango
  • Designer Paper: Venetian Romance #130144
  • Ribbon: Burlap #132140
  • Punches: 1/2" Circle #119869, 1 1/4" Circle #119861, 1 3/8" Circle #119860, 1" Square #124094 (used to create the banner tip)
  • Accessories: Brights Candy Dots #130931, Aqua Painter #103954, Stamping Sponge, Dimensionals, Glue Dots 
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx&dbwsdemoid=16275
 Don't overlook the over 90 fabulous products on sale! Sale ends December 2nd!  Don't wait. Shop today.  To view the sale flyer, CLICK HERE.
Subscribe to my FREE weekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information.  Yep, it’s FREE!

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/lisacurcio/contactme

No comments:

Post a Comment