Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Take a Peek into Fall

 Creating a "peek-a-boo" card is easy with punches or framelits. Here is Used the Squares Collection Framelits to create the opening on the front of this card.  I added the Woodgrain Embossing Folder to add some texture to this simple format card.
 The Early Espresso Baker's Twine was colored using a sponge and the Cajun Craze ink pad.  Hold one end of your twine on the ink pad, using the sponge to press it against the ink.  Gently pull the twine through the ink pad so that it's colored.  I tied the twine through the window. The image was colored in using a Blender Pen - the perfect coloring tool for small, outlined images.
I stamped my sentiment on Very Vanilla cardstock then used the Curly Label punch to punch them out. I sponged the edges in Sahara Sand ink then trimmed away the top portion of the punch so that it would fit under the window opening. 

Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: Best of Autumn #134390 clear mount only, Petite Pairs #128706 wood, #122497 clear
  • Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
  • Ink Pads: Cajun Craze, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Crushed Curry
  • Big Shot: Squares Collection Framelits #130921, Woodgrain Embossing Folder #127821
  • Punch: Curly Label #119851
  • Accessories: Blender Pen #102485, Early Espresso Baker's Twine (I used 10") #123124, Stamping Sponges #101610, Dimensionals
Subscribe to my FREE weekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information.  Yep, it’s FREE!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower - and count myself very fortunate. I love your blogsite and your tuts! This peek a boo idea is just great - going to try it right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! Thank you for following my blog. I'm thrilled that you like what you're seeing. The peek-a-boo card is easy. I'll have another to share in December, too!

      Delete