Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Flowers for the ride




I created this card for my monthly Chicks, Chocolate & Cards class.  If you are in the Tampa area and would like to attend, there are a few spaces left.  See my website for a complete list of events. www.lisacurcio.stampinup.net 

Stampin' Up! is a national sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. Each year Stampin' Up! designs and exclusive set (this is one of the images in this set), where $3 from the sale of each set benefits the RMHC.  I'm the proud assistant lead at our RMH in Tampa where there are 12 guest rooms housing hundreds of guests a year for the critical care of their infants.  If you would like to help make hand-stamped cards to donate to our RMH please contact me. Here are a few tips to making this card: 1) I stamped the bike image 2 more times just to get the basket. I mounted one on the front of the bike and another over the existing one on the back.  I did this so that I didn't have to marker in the entire bike (see yesterday's post about using your markers to create different colors on one image). In addition, the baskets are 3D allowing for the floral focal point to really stand out. 2) the flowers are small, yes, but they are easy to do.  I stamped the flowers (stem and all) and punched them out, mounted them on a small piece of Dimensional and arranged them as shown.  I added small pearl jewels to the centers, too. 3) The edgelits make a perfect scalloped edge eliminating the need for a punch. 4) When you're ready to adhere this card, start with the designer paper closest to the card base then work your way up so that the LAST piece is the stamped, white cardstock. It's much easier to line up this way. 5) I added mini brads to the inside of the bike spokes.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Moving Forward (pg. 209)
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink Pads: Real Red, Old Olive, Marina Mist
Designer Paper: Polka Dot Parade
Big Shot: Large Scallop Edgelit
Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Dimensionals, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Mini Silver Brads, Pearl Jewels,SNAIL adhesive


No comments:

Post a Comment