Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Core'dination Elegance




I love pretty, vintage things and I think this is one of my all time favorites I've made. It's not at all difficult to create, just time consuming.  I saw a similar idea and just tweaked it. Hey, all the great ideas in the world typically come from another source and I'm proud to stay that I "R&D" (rob & duplicate) lots of projects.  Tips: 1) I used the new Core'dinations cardstock to cut a label from the Framelits (pg. 191). I embossed it in the Big Shot, cut it in half then sanded it.  The Core'dinations cardstock, when sanded, reveals an antiqued, distressed look.  2) DO use the new Stampin' Up! Sanding System; it's awesome. Careful when sanding because that little block is wonderfully powerful. 3) The NEW Core'dinations Dust Buddy is a MUST if you are going to sand. For $2.50 its the BEST BUY!  It cleaned up every inch of dust produced by sanding the cardstock. 4) I was able to fit ALL the die cut flowers onto the embossing folder at one time, eliminating the work of embossing a few at a time.  5) Using the paper piercing tool and mat, pierce a hole in the center of each die cut flower. Take your brad and "thread them" top layer to bottom to make your stack. It's so much easier then trying to pierce through them all one time. 6) You can't see it well in this picture but I sprayed a light layer of shimmer paint mix on this card. It's GORGEOUS!  To make this mix you'll need Shimmer Paint (pg. 158) - I used Champagne Mist and a Stampin' Spritzer (pg. 179). Pour about 1 teaspoon of Shimmer Paint into the Spritzer then fill it up with rubbing alcohol.  Shake to distribute the color.  Line your surface to protect it then spritz away.  The rubbing alcohol will allow the paint to dry very quickly.  7) I used a Stampin' Sponge to sponge the edges of my tag and the entire background of my Vanilla cardstock. This softened the look and added to the vintage feel.

Supplies:

Stamp Sets: Creative Elements (pg. 126), Fabulous Phrases (pg. 133)
Cardstock: Core'dinations Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Ink Pads: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso (to sponge)
Big Shot: Fun Flowers Bigz L die (I used the two medium sized flowers on this die), Blossom          Party Originals die (I used all the flower images on this die) - (both pg. 193), Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (pg. 189), Labels Collection Framelits (pg. 191)
Accessories: 5/8" Crochet Trim, Antique Brad, Glue Dots, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin' Pierce Mat, 1" square punch (to create the 'dove tail' on the tag), Stampin' Sponge, Stampin' Sanding System, Core'dination Dust Buddy, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Stampin' Spritzer, rubbing alcohol, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment