Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Blast Off!

A little different than what I typically create, huh? I couldn't resist adorable stamp set because I have two great-nephews who will need lots of birthday cards over the years. Tips: Use your markers to create multiple colors on one stamp.  Here I used various colors on the planet and the astronaut. 2) If you get color on an area by accident use your blender pen to lift off the color. This way you don't have to redo the entire image. It works wonderfully!  3) I used an Aqua Painter to create the muted surface under the two images. While your ink pad is close, squeeze the lid which will release ink into the inside cover, open the pad and using your Aqua Painter lift off color from the lid cover. Never put your Aqua Painter directly into your ink pad.  4) I stamped the alien in Gumball Green and used the Real Red marker to color in the circles. Careful...the marker is dye based, just like the ink pad and if you are too zealous you'll end up smearing the two colors together.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Blast Off (pg. 65)
Cardstock: Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink pads: Gumball Green, More Mustard
Markers: Basic Gray, Night of Navy, Real Red, More Mustard, Gumball Green
Punches: 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Blender Pen Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive



No comments:

Post a Comment