Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

I have to admit, I never gave this stamp set a second glance in the catalog...that was until I received it for free during Stampin' Up! convention last month.  I've come to love the vintage feel to the images and I've found lots of uses for it both in creating cards and scrapbook pages.  Tips: 1) I chose colors out of the typical vintage palate for a reason. I often like to challenge myself so I start pulling out different colors from my scraps and lining them up and it never fails...something JUMPS out at me...just like this combination.  Stampin' Up! also sells a really exceptional tool called the Color Coach (pg. 151). The Color Coach is a swatchbook with a card for every color in the SU! collections.  On the reverse side of the card there are color combinations recommended.  Easy peasy!  2) Don't be afraid to mix motifs. I used embossed hearts AND a very vintage background paper. Mix and match is very "in" so go for it!

Supplies:

Stamp Set: Affection Collection (Holiday Catalog pg. 35)
Cardstock: Whisper White, So Saffron
Ink Pads: So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Pink Pirouette
Designer Paper: Subtles Collection
Punches: Small heart (pg. 183)
Big Shot: Adorning Accents embossing folders (they come in a 3-pack of different images, pg. 188)
Accessories: Whisper White taffeta 3/8" ribbon, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment