Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

124 days until Christmas!
(*I see you smirking at my post! :D*) This Christmas card is so easy and doesn't require a lot of supplies to create. Remember my challenge from last week - hand stamp a few, special cards this year for those closest to your heart. Today's tips: 1) I cut the different lengths of designer paper, stacked them up and from one end cut them all at the same time. Punching 2-3 pieces of designer paper is fine but don't try this with cardstock or it will jam your punch.  2) cut the tips of your designer paper into this 'dove tail' design by inserting them into your square punch, upside down, so you can see where you are punching. It may take you a few tries to learn how to line it up but I promise it's EASY and so much faster. 3) I mounted two layers of vanilla cardstock to create a raised look to the background.  The top layer is 1/4" smaller than the card base and allowed me to wrap the bakers twine before mounting it.

Supplies:

Stamp Set: For the Birds
Cardstock: Very Vanilla
Ink Pad: Basic Black
Designer Paper: Festival of Prints paper stack (Holiday Catalog pg. 20)
Punch: 1 3/8" square punch
Markers: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie (for his beak)
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler bakers twine, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment