Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Cup O' Christmas



There are only 89 days left until Christmas. It's hard to believe, huh?  NOW is the BEST time to begin your Christmas shopping and your holiday event planning and don't forget...your Christmas cards. There is no replacement for a handmade gift, even a card, especially during the holidays.  I created today's card for my monthly Card Class and here are a few tips to recreating it. 1)  The framelits make this card EASY to make.  I stamped all the images and then put them through the Big Shot, ALL at the same time, using the different framelits to cut out the three images; the coffee mug, the candy cane and the steam.  2) Check out the cocoa cup.  Do you see the two different colors?  I didn't use markers because it's a bit time consuming (although fun!) and I didn't want the color variation that markers can create versus using the ink pad. I inked up the entire cup in Indigo then used my Blender Pen to remove the color where the cocoa will be. I used my marker to color in the chocolate area, huffed on my stamp to re-moisten the ink (remember, I call this the Darth Vader technique) and stamped.  3) I love the Modern Label punch.  Here I used it to punch out my words. I punched another from Indigo cardstock, cut it in half then layered the two split pieces behind the words. This creates an instant border!

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Scentsational Season (Holiday Catalog pg. 16), Border Banter (Holiday Catalog pg. 20), More Merry Messages (pg. 15)
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Island Indigo
Ink Pads: Cherry Cobbler, Island Indigo, Chocolate Chip
Marker: Chocolate Chip
Designer Paper: Festival of Prints (Holiday Catalog pg. 20)
Punch: Modern Label (pg.183)
Big Shot: Holiday Collection Framelits (pg. 16)
Accessories: Blender Pen (pg. 178), Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive




1 comment:

  1. I like the tip about using a blender pen to remove the ink and change the color. Much better than using my finger.

    ReplyDelete