Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

What are you going to be for Halloween?
I'm gonna be stampin'!  Here are a few tips to recreate this card.  1) I stamped the words in Basic Black and without re-inking I moved the stamp up slightly and stamped again. I did this several times to create the 'shadow' look.  2) Don't you love the googlie eyes? They are part of the Bundle for this stamp set (Holiday Catalog pg. 27).  These little eyes even have the glue dots already on them...saving time and money!  3) I colored the mummy in with my Aqua Painter. Just slop it on. The messier the better...he's supposed to look old and messy.  4) The decorative edge along the top of the vanilla cardstock was created from the Tasteful Trim Big Shot die. I love this die because it's long enough to create borders for my 12x12 scrapbook pages and can be cut smaller for cards and 3D projects. It's a great buy and a die I use a lot!  5) Remember, a big benefit of designer paper purchased from Stampin' Up! is the the double-sided designs.  All the holiday designer papers have an alternate use after the holidays are over. Check them all out on pages 162-165 and on various pages in the Holiday Catalog.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Googly Ghouls (Holiday Catalog pg. 27), Border Banter (Holiday Catalog pg. 20)
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanila
Ink Pads: Basic Black, More Mustard
Big Shot: Tasteful Trim die (pg. 192),Googlie eyes (Holiday Catalog pg. 27 - purchase in the Bundle and save 15%)
Designer Paper: Howlstooth & Scaringbone (Holiday Catalog pg. 24)
Accessories: Aqua Painter (pg. 178), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive




No comments:

Post a Comment