Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Established Elegance

I love vintage things. I've found lots of cool, vintage things at garage and estate sales that I have displayed in our home, but my very favorite is my grandmother's old Singer sewing machine. I was blessed with it when she passed away and it has a prominent place in our home near the entry way.  It still works but I don't dare use it for fear that something will break and I won't be able to find someone to fix it.  Everyday I walk by it and I think of her and the Barbie clothes and prom dresses she sewed for my sister and I.  Isn't it something how one 'thing' can bring back a flood of memories?

Here are some tips to making this card.  1) This card represents collage stamping. When collaging a project, decide what your focal point of your card will be and stamp that object in the darkest color you've used.  There are more extreme forms of collage stamping that entail lots more background images but I kept this one simple.  2) Although this is a simple card to stamp, creating layers makes the focal point more interesting. I used 1/4" differences in each layer shown. The base of the card is Pirouette; 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", the Espresso layer is 5 1/4" x 4" and the Vanilla layer is 5"x 3 3/4".  3) The crochet trim ribbon looks awesome on vintage projects and it's only $6.95.  4) The tags are attached under the ribbon with glue dots. Nice and simple. 5) I sponged the edges of the vanilla cardstock with Crumb Cake ink but it's hard to see it in this picture. Sponging creates a worn/aged look that leads credence to vintage projects.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Established Elegance (pg. 125), Tiny Tags (pg. 124)
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink Pads: Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Punches:  Itty Bitty Shapes Pack (pg. 183), Jewelry Tag (pg. 183)
Accessories: Crochet Trim ribbon (pg. 173) - I used 4", Glue Dots, Sponge, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive 


No comments:

Post a Comment