Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Memories in the Bag

My "down time" includes fun paper crafting projects like this one. This is my 'therapy time' where I just make what I wanna make - no rules, no time frame...just me, my stamps, my paper and ink!  I made this one in an hour.  I have several craft fairs coming up in the next 6 weeks and I created several paper bag scrapbooks to sell.  I used 2 brown lunch bags (standard size) and cut the both ends off with my paper cutter and folded them in half. This is what I came up with.
                                                         Outside view of the album
                                                           First two inside pages
                                                                 Pages 3 and 4
                                                                    Page 5 & 6
      In each 'pocket' I used cardstock and created a tab. A great place to hold more
                                                         pictures and memorabilia.
                                           A side view so you can see all six pockets filled.

Here are a few tips to making this project:  1) After you've cut the bags and folded them in half, measure the front and inside panels to be sure you cut your paper the right sizes to fit.  I found that no two books were the same dimensions.  2) Keep your 3D embellishments like buttons, ribbon and brads to a minimum or the book will be so thick it won't close, especially after you put your pictures inside.  (Go ahead, ask me how I know this!)  3) Create 'tab's for each pull out page. Here I used a retired punch (I couldn't part with this one!) but I've also used the circle punch with ribbon attached to it, paper clips, etc.  3) Be sure your book is well coordinated. I used the same designer paper series throughout the entire book. A good rule of thumb is three colors. 4) I tried several things to bind the book but found ribbon, up the center, to work the best.  Use a narrow ribbon so the book will open easily.  5) I created photo corner for page 2 with my square punch. Punch a partial square from your designer paper and discard the punched piece. Realign your punch on the original piece and create a "frame/border" and punch again.  6) White lunch bags work great for these bag albums, too. 

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Artistic Etchings (pg. 124)
Cardstock: Island Indigo, Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake
Ink Pads: Island Indigo, Riding Hood Red
Punches: Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Scallop Trim Border, Scallop Edge, 1 3/8" square, Round Tab          (retired), Decorative Label, XL Oval, 3/4" circle
Designer Paper: Fan Fair (pg. 165)
Accessories: 1/8" Taffeta ribbon (pg. 172), Vintage Trinkets (pg. 175), Regals Designer Buttons (pg. 176), Linen Thread (pg. 172), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

1 comment:

  1. Wow this turned out great! I can't wait to make one of these :)

    ReplyDelete