Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Witch way is the candy?
Halloween is right around the corner so I created this card for my monthly card class.  You can find my event schedule HERE.  Here are a few tips to making this card. 1) Check out the background on this card.  If you can't see it well, click on the photo to enlarge it.  I wanted to use the new Illuminate Glimmer Watermark pad so I stamped the cob web image on black cardstock.  After I was finished I ran it through the Big Shot using the Spider Web embossing folder and ended up with this really cool, raised glimmer image. The picture really doesn't do it justice.  2) This designer paper is so much fun because, like all Stampin' Up! designer papers, these have an alternate side that's not holiday based.  3) I sponged the edges in Basic Gray ink because I liked the aged look it gave this card. Black was a little to harsh for my liking.  4) I couldn't decide which ribbon color to use so I used them both. Cut 4" of each color and tie them together. They are held down by a glue dot.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Bootiful Occasions (pg. 50), Mixed Medley (Holiday Catalog pg. 39)
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black
Ink Pads: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Illuminate Glimmer Watermark pad (Holiday Catalog pg. 23)
Big Shot: Spider Web embossing folder (pg.189)
Designer Paper: Howlstooth & Scaringbone (Holiday Catalog pg. 24)
Accessories: Sponge, 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (pg. 173), Glue Dot, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive


No comments:

Post a Comment