Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Monday, September 10, 2012

The Great Outdoors
I created this layout at the request of several customers.  We don't camp...my idea of vacationing includes a place starting with an "H" (think Hyatt or Hilton), so I chose a 'play on words' title.Tips:
1) I left LOTS of black space to mount photos. Typically outdoor events include a lot of gorgeous scenery so don't overload the page with accessories.  2) Think outside the box. Even though we don't camp the stamp set leads to alternate titles and themes. I had a list of alternate titles available for my customers so they could customize the page layout to use with their own pictures.  Here are some other choices.  3) I colored in the images using an Aqua Painter. Squeeze your Stampin' Up! ink pad, open it and pick up ink from the LID of the pad (never the pad itself) and fill in your image.
4) This stamp set includes several other images that would fit these various titles:
  • Fresh Air
  • Ft. Wilderness (think Disney)
  • ___________(insert a special location)
  • Under the Stars
  • The Great Outdoors
  • Bon Fire
  • Smores  
  • Night at the Beach
  • Beach Fun
  • Fireflies
  • Camp Out
  • Rocky Mountain High
  • Roughing It
Supplies:
Stamp Set: The Great Outdoors (pg. 69)
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Ink Pads: Marina Mist, Old Olive,Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze
Big Shot: Typeset Alphabet Bigz die
Designer Paper: Orchard Harvest (Holiday Catalog pg. 28)
Accessories: SNAIL adhesive 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment