Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

You're Out of this World
This was a "requested" layout for my scrapbook class.  Again, alternate titles were provided. (see below)   Tips:  1) the moon was created using two circles. I cut the bottom 1/4 off of them.   One is mounted directly on the page and the other I used various circle punches to create that "swiss cheese look" and mounted it, with Dimensionals, right over the first one. It creates a great 3D effect. 2) I stamped the rocket ship in Real Red. I reinked the same stamp again in Night of Navy and cut out the strip to mount over the top.  This saved me time since I didn't have to marker in the entire image to create the different colors.  3) The astronaut was created using markers. Use the brush side of your marker and color him in as desired. When finished, huff on the inked image (remember, I call huffing the the Darth Vader technique) and stamp. 4) I used the alphabet set to create the words "You Are". I mounted ALL the letters on one clear block then stamped. SO MUCH easier and faster than stamping each letter one at a time. 5) The words "out of this world" are actually a part of a larger phrase in this stamp set.  I only wanted this portion of that phrase so I  used my marker and inked in only this part. 6) The alien was stamped in Summer Starfruit then I colored in his spots and eyelids with the Real Red marker. 

Alternate Titles:
MOSI (Museum of Science & Industry)
Space Camp
Kennedy Space Center
Space Queen
Space Cadet
Spacey
Houston, we have a problem
To Infinity & Beyond
In a land far, far away...
Alien-ation
Reach for the Stars

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Blast Off (pg. 65), Notable Alphabet (pg. 144)
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Summer Starfruit, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink Pads: Night of Navy, Summer Starfruit, Real Red
Markers: Night of Navy, Summer Starfruit, Real Red, Basic Black (for the astronaut's hair & eyes)
Big Shot: 3 1/2" Circle Originals Die
Punches: 1 1/4" circle, 1" circle, 3/4" circle, 1/2" circle
Accessories: Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

1 comment:

  1. That moon is brilliant! Love it! Can't wait to use this idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete