Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Up, Up & Away!
This is one of my favorite stamp sets because of the variety of greeting and that it can easily be a masculine or feminine card.  Here are some tips to creating it. 1) I used the Big Shot and an embossing folder to give texture to the circle. Be sure to punch FIRST then emboss the cardstock or the cardstock is too rigid to punch neatly.  2) I purchased this set in clear mount and so glad I did. Although I'm a wood mount fan, the hot air balloon and basket are easy to line up using clear mounted stamps.  3) Instead of the typical Basic Black ink, I used Basic Gray so that it would compliment the color palette I chose. Sometimes black is just a bit too harsh.  4) I used 16" of Bakers Twine to wrap around the top layer of this card.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Up, Up & Away (pg. 37)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party
Ink Pads: Basic Gray, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake
Designer Paper: In Colors (2011-2013) Paper Stack (pg. 162)
Big Shot: Fancy Fan embossing folder (pg. 189)
Punch: 2 1/2" circle
Accessories: Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Pool Party Bakers Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment