Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

For the Birds
This was a popular card at my Card Class on Thursday.  Here are a few tips to making this card. 1) I actually don't own (yet...imagine that, something I don't have!) the Apothecary Accent Framelits so I had to be creative and create one. I cut the Muse cardstock and then punched a circle to go behind it. 2) Watercolor tip: The colors in the designer paper are too dark to use markers to color in the birds so I used a blender pen.  To get this look, squeeze the lid of your Stampin' Up! ink pad, open it up and pick up color from the LID of the pad using your blender pen. I always wipe a little color off the tip of my blender pen before I begin to color as it's not darker than I'm expecting. Begin on the outside edges of your image and color in, towards the center. You'll notice some areas are lighter than others. 3) The Essentials Paper Piercing Pack is wonderful for adding quick texture to a project. Here is pierced holes just above the designer paper.  4) Glue dots are my friend.  Create an "air knot" by tying a 4" piece of ribbon in a knot, literally while holding it in the 'air'.  Add a glue dot to the back of the knot to attach it to your card.  5) This gorgeous double-sided, satin ribbon is FREE during September with every $40 purchase. Details can be found HERE.  Order online 24/7!

Supplies:
Stamp Set: For the Birds (pg. 34), Fabulous Phrases (pg.133)
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla
Ink Pads: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Midnight Muse, Old Olive, Cajun Craze
Designer Paper: Comfort Cafe (pg. 163)
Punches: 1 3/8" circle, Scallop Trim Border
Accessories: Blender pen (pg. 178), Summer Starfruit, 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool (both pg. 181), Glue Dot, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment