Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Monday, October 1, 2012

A cup of Joe
Coffee anyone?  I'm not a coffee drinker but I sure love the smell. I could never get past the bitterness no matter how much cream and sugar I put in it.  Thanks to Starbucks, coffee is now not only a beverage but a social stop.  With the popularity of coffee and the 'occasions' that surround a good cup of Joe, I created this card.  Here are some tips.  1) Do you recognize the coffee cup? Yep, it's the SAME CUP from the holiday stamp set that I've used before in Christmas card samples I've posted. This time I creatively hid the holiday logo on the front of the mug with designer paper.  Use the steam image framelit to cut out a scrap piece of paper. It fits perfect on the front of this cup!  2) The border along the vanilla cardstock, top and bottom, are from the dotted scallop ribbon punch.  After punching a strip, cut it in half and use half for the top and the other half for the bottom as a border.  It's a lot less work then cutting two of them and only having half of it show.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Scentsational Season (Holiday Catalog pg. 16), Friendly Phrases (pg. 137)
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Ink Pads: Soft Suede, Cajun Craze
Designer Paper: Comfort Cafe (pg. 163)
Punches: Dotted Scallop Ribbon, Scallop oval (pgs.183-184)
Big Shot: Holiday Collection Framelits (Holiday Catalog pg. 16)
Accessories: Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

1 comment: