Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Here come the Bride
Black and white aren't only classic for a wedding but quite popular.  Here are some tips to re-creating this card. 1) I cut the white panel for the front layer on this card differently. I wanted to draw the eye to the bow and the dress and reveal a bit more of the black. Consider odd measurements for your card front to create interest.  2) You will need 10" of ribbon to make the this bow.  My grandmother was seamstress and sometimes, on Saturdays, she would have to work.  She took my sister and I into downtown Chicago on the train as a treat and we'd spend the day watching her create amazing things with a sewing machine.  To help pass the time she would give me a large bolt of ribbon and taught me how to make bows. I got pretty good at it.  Still to this day, every time I make a bow, I think of my Nana.  Use your Glue Dots to hold the bow in place on your card.  3) Circle punches come in varying sizes, usually 1/4" difference.  Here, though I wanted to play up the black so I used a much larger circle punch to layer the black flower image.  I also off-set the image when I mounted it on the black circle.  Change things up for interest.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Love & Laughter (pg. 38)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink Pad: Basic Black
Punches: 1" circle, 1 3/8" circle
Big Shot: Lacy Brocade embossing folder (Holiday Catalog pg. 6)
Accessories: White Organza ribbon (pg. 173), Glue Dot, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment