Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Boo Who?

Here's the second layout created during my Stamp N' Scrap class last week.  This double page spread was quite popular! Wanna good laugh?  I'm sitting here writing out this post and realize that I took this picture with one side of the layout UPSIDE DOWN!  OMG, that's exactly how my week has gone!  I am so sorry!  I would have retaken the photo but I've already given the page away to my niece to use!  Here are a few tips to making this layout. 1) The Beautiful Butterflies die was used to create the "mask".  It's a tip I've seen used before and thought it worked very well for this title.  2)  I used the eyes of the mask to represent to letter O's, I spelled out the title to this page "Boo Who?"  3) The mummy was made using varying strips of vanilla cardstock that I sponged and layered on a sheet of cardstock.  4) I used wiggly eyes to give the bat and spider some texture and mimic the eye feature of the mask.  The Stampin' Up! wiggly eyes AKA "Googlies" already have the glue dots attached making them a great buy and easy to use. 5) Confession time - the question mark is from a retired alphabet die.  Serious scrappers don't ever get rid of alphabet dies, do we? 6) It's difficult to see in this picture, but the butterfly is textured, too.  I ran it through the Big Shot with the spider web embossing folder. I then used the NEW Illuminate Glimmer Watermark ink with a dauber to highlight the spider web lines.  Simply ink up your dauber with the Illuminate ink and gently rub it over the raised areas of the embossing.  It creates a wonderful shimmer!

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Googlie Ghouls (Holiday Catalog pg. 27 #128060)
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
Ink Pads: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Pad (pg. 23 #126857)
Designer Paper: Howlstooth & Scaringbone (Holiday Catalog pg. 24 #126906)
Big Shot: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die (pg.193 #114507), Spider Web embossing folder (pg. 189 #120889), Typeset Alphabet Bigz die (pg. 192 #127553)
Punches: 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1" circle, 3/4" circle, Itty Bitty punch pack (for the small circle)
Accessories: Googlies (wiggly eyes, pg. 27 #127539), Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment