Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Harvest Time


This is the final layout from my monthly  Stamp N' Scrap Class.  If you'd like to join us for this class you can find my class schedule here.  It doesn't happen often but here it is...a "Lisa Original"!  I'm so proud of my scarecrow!  Here are some tips to making this layout.  1) I created the template for the overalls and shirt by hand. I used the 1 3/4" circle punch to cut out the neck. 2) The straps to the overalls were created using the Modern Label punch. 3) The poles that hold up the scarecrow are just small scraps of cardstock. I ran them through the embossing folder for more texture. 4) I've included a breakdown of how I made the crow so you can duplicate it.  5) I kept the overall layout simple because I didn't want to "steal the thunder" from my scarecrow.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Jack of All Trades (pg. 28 #122620), Notable Alphabet (pg. 144 #126355)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, More Mustard, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, Old Olive
Ink Pads: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Marker: Old Olive
Designer Paper: Orchard Harvest (Holiday Catalog pg. 28 #126895)
Big Shot: Woodgrain embossing folder (Holiday Catalog pg. 33 #127821)
Punches: 1 3/8" square, Decorative Label,XL Oval, 1" circle, Large Oval, 1 3/4" Scallop circle, 1 1/4" circle, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (eyes on crow), XL Tag, 1 3/4" circle
Accessories: Metallic Brads, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Glue dots, sponge, Paper Piercing tool, Piercing Mat

2 comments:

  1. You know I don't scrapbook but if I did this crow and scarecrow would be on my to do list. It is SO cute. Sue

    ReplyDelete