Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hangin' around to say thank you

...this is probably one of my all time favorite cards!  I saw this idea on Stampin' Connection, a website exclusively for Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  Another perk of being a demonstrator!  Here are a few tips. 1) This card is a lot easier to create than it looks. The stand to the bird cage appears to be connected to the vine but the truth is I was a bit off when I stamped it, even with clear mount stamps.  The bow hides this imperfection perfectly! 2) I used the white gel pen to put a dot in the center of each of my flowers but you can substitute that for a rhinestone or pearl jewel.  3) The punch used for the words and the color behind it are the same punch; the small oval.  I cut a second one in Pool Party and cut it in half and mounted it off center to the words.  This is a great tip if you want to double mount a stamp image or sentiment and you don't have a punch in a larger size.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Aviary (116956 wood, 120462 clear), Petite Pairs (122495 wood, 122497 clear), Thoughts & Prayers (113252 wood, 127805 clear)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pool Party
Ink Pads: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip
Punch: Small Oval (120908), Itty Bitty Punch Pack (118309)
Ribbon: Pool Party 3/8" ruffled ribbon (122975)-I used 8" to make this bow
Accessories: Glue Dots, White gel pen (105021), Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment