Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
I love fall but I absolutely LOVE Christmas!  It is truly the most wonderful time of the year. Coming for a sizable Italian family, the holidays are about food, traditions, food, decorating, food, traveling to be with family and did I mention, food? :)   Being a crafter at heart I always sign up to do 3-4 craft fairs in the fall. It not only allows me to share the crafts I've created using Stampin' Up! products but it gives me a great opportunity to meet new people!  I created fabric candy cane ornaments using Stampin' Up! fabric (these two designs are off the clearance rack for $1 per PACKAGE!).  I'll be selling these for $2 each and you can find my craft fair schedule HERE.    If you'd like to make these yourself here are a few tips to creating them.  1)  Purchase a package of pipe cleaners. I got mine at a local craft store in a package of 100 for a few dollars.  Use six (6) of them to make one candy cane.  Cut the length in half, gently twist the pipe cleaners together then form them into the candy cane shape.  2) I ripped 1" strips of fabric, about 20" long, and wrapped the pipe cleaners. I like ripping rather than cutting to give my projects a vintage look.  3) Use your hot glue gun to secure the ends. 4) Hot glue two candy canes together on an angle as shown. 5) Use household jute to wrap the canes together and hot glue the jute to secure in place. 6) I threaded a button with embroidery floss  7) Hot glue the button onto the jute.  8) I created a small tag ("merry") and hot glued that on as well.  8) I created a loop from embroidery thread to hang the ornament.  These were so much fun to make and quick, too!  Why not incorporate these as a holiday favor or personalize them as a gift this year?  

Supplies
Stamp Set: Tiny Tags (pg. 124)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Ink Pads: Cherry Cobbler, Real Red
Punch: Jewelry tag (pg. 183), XL Tag punch (used to hold my 'hand stamped by' and the price)
Accessories:  
  • Fabric (clearance rack fabric used on these but you can find lots of amazing choices on pages170-171 of the catalog!)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Silicone Craft Sheet (pg. 31) - IS A MUST for hot glue projects!!!
  • Jute
  • Button (pg. 176)
  • Embroidery thread 
  • Embroidery needle
  • White pipe cleaners (any color is fine as long as you cover them well)




No comments:

Post a Comment