Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Blooming Explosion
A simple concept of repeated color across a card can create impact. Because of the simplicity of this card I made a dozen in under an hour!  Here's a few tips. 1) Be sure your flowers are stamped with a "direction" in mind.  By cascading the flowers, the eye moves across the card creating greater interest.  2) This design works best with 2-3 colors. 4) I used a single flower as a focal point in the center of the card but you could easily use words that are punched out and mounted.  5) Add a small accessory to your focal point so that it stands out from the rest of the card.  Here I used ribbon but an In Color brad could have been placed in the center of the flower, for example.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Betsy's Blossoms (pg. 72)
Cardstock: Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Ink Pads: Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point
Ribbon: 3/8" ruffled (Lucky Limeade, pg. 172)  - I used 2"
Accessories:  Dimensionals, SNAIL, Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment