Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Perfectly Masculine

Here's a great way to use the alternate side of the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack that is featured in the Holiday Catalog. I love how Stampin' Up! creates our holiday designer paper with one side for the holiday and the other side with a non-holiday theme so your investment can be used all year long.  Here are few tips to creating this card.  1) The panel to the far left is not designer paper, but a strip of cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot with the Chevron embossing folder.  2) The Merry Minis stamp set, also featured in the Holiday Catalog, has a star image that can be used all year long. 3) I used the Merry Minis punch pack to punch out the star.  This punch pack includes three images; star, ornament and Christmas tree.  4) I know I've shared my ribbon tip over and over again but it's really a great shortcut.  I cut two pieces of ribbon; one at 6" and another at 4". Adhere the raw ends of the 6" piece behind the vanilla layer of cardstock. Tie the 4" piece under that strip of ribbon and make a knot. This tip saves you nearly 1/2 of the ribbon you would need if you were to go all the way around the inside of the card.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Merry Minis (127916 wood, 127919 clear), Perfectly Penned (122890 wood, 122892 clear)
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink Pads: Early Espresso, Island Indigo
Designer Paper: Festival of Prints (126904)
Big Shot: Chevron embossing folder (127749)
Punches: 2 1/2" circle, Merry Minis punch pack (126882)
Accessories: Island Indigo 3/8" ruffled ribbon (122974), Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment