Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Flowers of thanks

Today's project is a simple floral card that can be easily altered for birthday, thinking of you, sympathy...well, just about anything!  I love flowers. Always have. In my free time I love to plant and prune and living in Florida allows me to do that 12 months a year!  Here are some tips to creating this card.  1) Embossing folders create a lot of texture. You might not agree with me on my choice of the chevron with the polka dot DSP but I think the two work well together.  Don't be afraid to experiment with texture and patterns. 2) This stamp set is so easy to work with. The flowers are a separate image that align perfectly with the stems creating a flawless flower in seconds. 3) The word window punch is used for my words but this time I cut the right side of the paper off, leaving just a small area on my card. I didn't want the white cardstock for the words competing with the white stamped area of my flowers. 4) I added a small circle of white to the center of the flower using the White Gel Pen.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Summer Silhouettes (126445 wood, `16447 clear), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370 wood, 127802 clear)
Cardstock: Lucky Limeade, Ridinghood Red, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Ink Pads: Lucky Limeade, Ridinghood Red
Designer Paper: In Color 2011-2013 (122384)
Big Shot: Chevron embossing folder (127749)
Punches: Scallop Edge (119882), Word Window (119857), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)
Accessories: White gel pen (105021), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Perfect Plum 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (122987)

No comments:

Post a Comment