Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Frankie

Here's my last Halloween card for the season.  I created this one for my monthly Card Class. You can find a list of my events here.  Here are today's tips.  1) The new ticket builder punch is so much fun and it's not just for tickets!  Here I used the small ticket to create a whimsical border. I punched the pieces from designer paper and adhered them with SNAIL.  Quick and easy!  2) The same designer paper was used to create the oval behind Frankie to bring continuity to card. 3) Wiggly eyes (AKA Googlies as Stampin' Up! calls them) were added to one of the "O's" in the word Boo and to Frankie's face. I'm going to mail this card to my great-nephew and he's gonna love those little eyes!  4) Use an Aqua Painter versus a Blender Pen when you have larger areas to color in. This is probably one of the BEST TIPS.  Use of the Blender Pen is best when the areas to color in are small.  When you have a larger area, like Frankie's face, the Aqua Painter will always give you more even, faster coverage. 5) ...and as always, my favorite tip to creating the banner. Use your square punch by aligning it in the corner of your square punch.  6) This stamp set can be purchased separately or part of a bundle, which will save you 15%.  The bundle includes the stamp set (clear or wood mount, your choice), the Ghoulish Googlies Designer Kit (126914) AND the Googlies (wiggy eyes, 127539). 

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Googlie Ghouls (128060 wood, 128063 clear)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Ink Pads: Basic Black, Old Olive
Big Shot: Spider Web embossing folder
Punches: Ticket Builder punch (126883), XL Oval (119859), 1" square (124094)
Designer Paper: Howlstooth & Scaringbone (126906)
Accessories: Aqua Painter (103954), Glue Dots, SNAIL adhesive, Googlies (127539)

No comments:

Post a Comment